DIY CNC 3 Axis 2418 Engraver Machine PCB Milling Wood Carving Router Kit Arduino Grbl
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Motor Specification
- 3 Working Area Dimension
- 4 Wiring Diagram and Workflow Diagram
- 5 Assemble instruction
- 6 How to use
- 7 Package List
- 8 Example Project
- 9 Resources
- 10 Video
- 11 Document
LinkSprite DIY CNC 3 Axis 2418 Engraver Machine is similar with LinkSprite DIY CNC 3 Axis 1610 Engraver Machine , we have increased its working area.
LinkSprite DIY CNC 3 Axis 2418 Engraver Machine laser engraving machine is suit for make non- metal processing such as plastic , wood , acrylic , pvc, pcb, wood or the similar material , etc.And airframe adopt profiles + plastic ，small size, light weight , USB interface , open source GRBL control.
The repeat positioning accuracy is with in 0.1mm under no-load, usually is about 0.05mm. Laser is considered no-load. If you use graver, the precision is depending on the hardness of the material.
And the engraver machine couldn't carve 3 dimensional objects. The different hardness of the material, the different thickness of the carving, and the maximum carving thickness is 30mm. The kit includes xyz stepping motors. You don't need purchase any parts separately, it is enough for working.
Grbl is a no-compromise, high performance, low cost alternative to parallel-port-based motion control for CNC milling. It will run on a vanilla Arduino (Duemillanove/Uno) as long as it sports an Atmega 328.
The controller is written in highly optimized C utilizing every clever feature of the AVR-chips to achieve precise timing and asynchronous operation. It is able to maintain up to 30kHz of stable, jitter free control pulses.
It accepts standards-compliant g-code and has been tested with the output of several CAM tools with no problems. Arcs, circles and helical motion are fully supported, as well as, all other primary g-code commands. Macro functions, variables, and most canned cycles are not supported, but we think GUIs can do a much better job at translating them into straight g-code anyhow.
Grbl includes full acceleration management with look ahead. That means the controller will look up to 18 motions into the future and plan its velocities ahead to deliver smooth acceleration and jerk-free cornering.
- motor model no.：L42BYGH34-1334A
- current/phase：1.33 A
- resistor/phase： 2.1 Ω
- inductance/phase：2.5 mH
- static moment：2.2 kg-cm
- motor outlet：4#
- rotary inertia：35 g-c㎡
- motor weight： 0.22kg
- Positioning torque：120kg-cm
- Body length：34mm
- Model no.: 775
- Condition: New
- Shaft Diameter: 5MM
- Shaft length: 17
- Body length: 66.7
- Front step diameter: 17.4
- Front step height: 4.7
- Body diameter: 42
- Motor Total length: 98
- Diagonal assembly hole distance: 28.8
- Long assembly hole distance: None
- Assembly hole size: M4
- Assembly fix hole: 2
- Radiator fan: Yes
Working Area Dimension
The head travel dimensions of the 2418 CNC engraving machine is as follow:
X: 24cm Y: 18cm Z:4.5cm
Wiring Diagram and Workflow Diagram
1. Pedestal assemble
a) Part list:
b)Assemble： For the assembly of the pedestal, please refer to below image.
c) For the connection of the aluminum profile, please refer to below image.
d) Final effect: The assemble should be flat and smooth.
2. Y Axis assemble
a) Part list
b) For the assembly of the slide rod, as shown in Figure 1.The separation distance between two slide rod should be 160mm.
e) For the assemble of the table board, please refer to Figure 2.
f) Final effect: the separation distance between two slide rod could be adjusted a little according to actual situation, as long as ensure the smooth of the assembly.
Note:If the table board can not move smoothly, it's may a misalignment between the rods or with the lead screw. Just make sure they are parallel, and also check the parallelism of the support pedestal of slide rod. You could slightly unscrew one of rod supports so it can move freely from side to side and make the table board move from back to front then tight it back. This method also applies to the adjustment of the x-axis, moreover, please refer to the follow video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe7-7Bba-BI
3. Y axis motor and lead screw assmbly
a) Part list
b) Motor assembly instruction: please install the coupling to the motor, and fix by fastening screw. Then mount the motor on the assembly board, finally install the motor to the Aluminum profile.
c) The assembly instruction of the lead screw.
d) Assemble the lead screw with the coupling.
e) Please refer to final effect as below.
4. Portal frame assemble
a) Part list:
b) Final effect: for the assembly of portal frame, please refer to right image.
5. X axis assemble
a) Part list:
b) Install the assembly parts of XZ axis. Please refer to right image. Align the edge of slide rod supporting pedestal with top side of aluminum profile, and the separation distance of two slide rod should be 68mm.
c) For the assembly of X axis lead screw, please refer to below image.
d) Please refer to final effect as below view.
6. Assemble the gantry to the pedestal
b) Please refer to below image.
Note: Keep 48mm from the edge of pedestal to the edge of gantry.
c) Assemble support.
How to use
- 1. Open the Device Manager to view the CNC port number: My computer assign is COM3.
- 2.Open the control software grbl Control, click the "Service -> Settings" to set: "COM3, 115200" and then click OK:
Console print out the message indicate that the "CNC" is connected successfully.
- 3.Test whether the X, Y, Z axis movement is normal or not by clicking the control panel on the right side.
Note: (1) Please don’t set the “step” too high, otherwise it will be over travel.
(2) Please run the program in the machine without engraving knife to get familiar with the operation procedures before installing it. Don’t install the engraving knife at first.
The engraving knife installation will be explained in following instruction.
- 4. Open one engraving file for test, and place an acrylic plate on the CNC platform for engraving, which should be fixed well.
- 5.Move X, Y axis to set the original coordinates point by control panel (Z-axis does not move at present) , click the control panel on the right side , set the X, Y axis as zero:
Click “Zero XY” to set the X, Y axis to be zero.
- 6.Start the Spindle of motor, adjust Z axis down, the Step value could be a little higher at the moment. When the engraving knife is going to touch the engraving object, must decrease “step” （Step≤ 0.1）, when engraving knife just touch the object surface, set Z axis to be 0.
Note: The Spindle must be started before the knife down, otherwise the engraving knife is easily to be broken.
Click Spindle button, the motor start to turn.
At the moment just touch the surface of acrylic, Stop the knife.
Click “Zero Z” to set the Z axis to be 0.
- 7.The work about knife is almost finished.
Next, click “send” button, start the engraving.
The engraving is finished.
The effect after color is added.
Standard Package List
Alternative Additional Item
- Laser Head for DIY CNC 3 Axis Engraver Machine[KIT_CNC_LASHA]
- Control Software for MAC