PLC-UART-LS is designed to transparently move serial data over the power line network at a speed of 2kbps, and achieves the target of replacing serial cables by the ubiquitous power line network.
On the PLC-UART-LS motherboard, there is a 20-pin receptacle. Users can choose different daughter boards, such as RS232, RS485, USB or Ethernet, based on the interface needs. The motherboard also support DIP by optional pins that can be used to directly plug to user's board without doing screwing.
PLC-UART-LS have built-in packet-level repeater function. This feature can greatly extend the coverage of the power line communication. PLC-UART-LS has both physical and logic addresses. In a network, both physical and logic addresses can be used to address different nodes in the network.
- AC and DC power line Communications.
- 5-24V wide range DC power supply.
- Built-in opto-electronic coupling on the UART interface.
- Fully transparent mode, plug and play coming out of the box without the need to do any programming.
- Built-in error correction codes.
- Built-in repeater function to extend the coverage.
- Physical and logic address
- AT commands used for advanced configuration.
- UART interface to host uP
- FSK(Frequency Shift Keying) modulation used in physical layer
- Low power Design
- Small module size, and easy to be implemented into existing products.
- 5V to 24V DC power supply
- Industry manufacture and control
- Safeguard, fire alarm, smoke alarm
- Collect and transmit instrument data
- Safeguard and monitor
- Home automation
- Solar/Wind electricity generation system
|Product Name||Spyder Transceiver Module|
|Interface||3.3V TTL UART|
|Optional interface cards:|
|RS232 (model/ordering no: UART-RS232)|
|RS485 (model/ordering no: UART-RS485)|
|USB (model/ordering no: UART-USB)|
|Ethernet (model/ordering no: UART-Ethernet)|
|Zigbee (model: Xbee from Digi.com)|
|Communication Line Voltage||230VAC/50Hz|
|Supply Voltage||7V–12V DC, Internal “ + ” External “ – ”|
|Modulation||FSK（Frequency Shift Keying）|
|Error connection||FEC（Forward Error Correction）|
|Data rate on powerline||30 Kbps|
|Maximum packet data length||300 bytes|
|Repeat Hops||3 Hops|
|Transmission distance||300 feets（No Repeater）|
|Support nodes number||65535|
|LED||Power Line Activity LED/System LED/Serial port LED|
Pin definition and Rating
You need to have a pair of the items shown above:
- 2.RS232 card or USB card
- 3.Power line cable used to couple power communication signal to power line, the power line can be 110V/220V 50/60Hz, DC, or unpowered.
- 4.110V/220V to 12V/500mA power supply
You need to install LinkSprite-NEC serial port terminal software that is included in the CD that accompanies the Spyder by clicking setup.exe
If you are using a USB to RS232 converter, you can use Device Manager tab to find out the COM port.
Open LinkSprite-NEC serial port terminal by click program and follow the following
LinkSprite-NEC serial port terminal will show up as:
Click the “Port Settings” button to configure the serial port:
From device manager, we know that the COM port we are using is COM17. The default baud rate for Spyder is 9600. Click “OK”, and Click “Open COM Port” to open the COM port.
As shown in the following screen, by typing three ‘+’ fast, we can enter into AT command mode to configure the module.
Next we can click “Start Continuous Send” to toggle continuous send and receive
Q:What's the difference between Mamba and Spyder?
A:Spyder has a MCU Controller,Mamba doesn’t.
How to buy
Other related products and resources.