LS6410 S3C6410 ARM11 Android Development Kit (4.3
LS6410 development board was developed by LinkSprite (http://www.linksprite.com/). It consists of motherboard and core board. Core board, LS6410CORE (http://www.linksprite.com/product/showproduct.php?id=31&lang=en) is a mature product that can be used in real product.
LS6410 development board has the following features:
- 1. It uses highly integrated mature LS6410CORE board.
- 2. It has 24 bit RGB interface, and has connector for IIC, SPI and touch bus.
- 3. CVBS and TV output, all are after amplifier.
- 4. USB Host 1.1 interface.
- 5. USB OTG 2.0 interface.
- 6. RJ45 100M Ethernet interface with 1:1.414 transformer.
- 7. RS232 interface.
- 8. Connector for SPI, IIC, 4 channel ADC, 3 channel external interrupt, and two channel TTL UART, expect ADC, all can be used as IO port.
- 9. SD card interface.
- 10. Cellphone keypad design
- 11. LED indicators.
- 12. Reset button
- 13. 1.5W speaker connector
- 14. MIC input circuit
- 15. Headphone connector (PJ-327)
- 16. Boot configuration switch
- 17. Connector for SIMCOM's GPRS SIM300 module.
- 18. PCB footprint for Sirf's GPS module.
- 19. SDIO WIFI interface (with miniPCI interface)
The S3C6410X is a 16/32-bit RISC microprocessor, which is designed to provide a cost-effective, low-power capabilities, high performance Application Processor solution for mobile phones and general applications. To provide optimized H/W performance for the 2.5G & 3G communication services, the S3C6410X adopts 64/32-bit internal bus architecture. The 64/32-bit internal bus architecture is composed of AXI, AHB and APB buses. It also includes many powerful hardware accelerators for tasks such as motion video processing, audio processing, 2D graphics, display manipulation and scaling. An integrated Multi Format Codec (MFC) supports encoding and decoding of MPEG4/H.263/H.264 and decoding of VC1. This H/W Encoder/Decoder supports real-time video conferencing and TV out for both NTSC and PAL mode. Graphic 3D (hereinafter 3D Engine) is a 3D Graphics Hardware Accelerator which can accelerate OpenGL ES 1.1 & 2.0 rendering. This 3D Engine includes two programmable shaders: one vertex shader and one pixel shader.
The S3C6410X has an optimized interface to external memory. This optimized interface to external memory is capable of sustaining the high memory bandwidths required in high-end communication services. The memory system has dual external memory ports, DRAM and Flash/ROM. The DRAM port can be configured to support mobile DDR, DDR, mobile SDRAM and SDRAM. The Flash/ROM port supports NOR-Flash, NAND-Flash, OneNAND, CF and ROM type external memory.
To reduce total system cost and enhance overall functionality, the S3C6410X includes many hardware peripherals such as a Camera Interface, TFT 24-bit true color LCD controller, System Manager (power management & etc.), 4-channel UART, 32-channel DMA, 5-channel 32bit Timers with 2PWM output, General Purpose I/O Ports, I2S-Bus interface, I2C-BUS interface, USB Host, USB OTG Device operating at high speed (480Mbps), 3-channel SD/MMC Host Controller and PLLs for clock generation.
The ARM subsystem is based on the ARM1176JZF-S core. It includes separate 16KB Instruction and 16KB data caches, 16KB Instruction and 16KB Data TCM. It also includes a full MMU to handle virtual memory management.
The ARM1176JZF-S is a single chip MCU, which includes support for JAVA acceleration. The ARM1176JZF-S includes a dedicated vector floating point coprocessor allowing efficient implementation of various encryption schemes as well as high quality 3D graphics applications. The S3C6410X adopts the de-facto standard AMBA bus architecture. These powerful, industry standard features allow the S3C6410X to support many of the industry standard Operating Systems.
By providing a complete set of common system peripherals, the S3C6410X minimizes overall system costs and eliminates the need to configure additional components. The S3C6410X is implemented using an advanced 65nm CMOS process. The low-power, simple, elegant and fully static-design scheme is particularly suitable for cost sensitive and power-sensitive applications.
OS Samples Provided:
Linux QT2 and QT4 provided:
- LS6410 Core board data sheet
- LS6410 S3C6410 ARM11 Development Board Hardware Design Document
- LS6410 Hardware Design Perspective
- LS6410 Development Board Schematics
- Chapter 1. Burn the Android system image into nand flash
- Chapter 2. Configuration, Compilation, and Use of Uboot
- Chapter 3. Configuration, Compilation of Linux Kernel
- Chapter 4. Setup Android Development Environment
- Chapter 5. Android Compilation, Emulation and Build of File System
- USB ADB package
- Android 2.1 Image Download
- Android 2.1 Source Download
- Chapter 4. Create Development Environment for Embedded Linux
- Chapter 5. Burn the Linux system image into nand flash
- Chapter 6. Configuration, Compilation, and Use of Uboot
- Chapter 7. Configuration, Compilation, and Use of Linux Kernel
- Chapter 8 Qtopia-2.20
- Chapter 9. Qt4
- Chapter 10. Build Root File System
- Linux Image Download
- Linux Source Download
- Tools Download (Fuse, SD boot, uboot)
720-204-8599 (MST: 9:00am-5:00pm)
720-279-0774 (MST: 6:00pm- 3:00am)